• Latest News
Important information for all players regarding airflight ticketing is contained in the GNOT Flight Subsidy Update below.
GNOT Flight Subsidy Update October, 2017
• General Information
The Grand National Open Teams (GNOT) is an Australia wide event to select the 60 teams
which attend the GNOT National Final, a 4-day event at the end of November.
The GNOT Final is conducted in Tweed Heads by the ABF.
are awarded for Club, Regional and National Finals. PQP's are awarded in the
GNOT REGIONAL COORDINATORS & QUALIFYING PLAYERS:
REGISTRATION AND SUBSIDY ARRANGEMENTS FOR THE
GRAND NATIONAL OPEN TEAMS FINAL,
TWEED HEADS, 24-26 NOVEMBER 2017
As foreshadowed in previous announcements, the ABF is changing the registration and subsidy arrangements for the 2017 Grand National Teams National Final.
60 teams will qualify for the GNOT National Final from regions across the country. Of these teams, 44 contain players who would normally expect to fly to the Gold Coast. The remaining 16 teams contain players from areas much closer to Tweed Heads, who would normally expect to use ground transport.
For the 44 teams expected to fly, the ABF has made arrangements through its travel manager, Corporate Traveller, to pre-purchase four return economy air tickets for each team, thereby guaranteeing return flights for all those players irrespective of when your team qualifies. The date and times of these tickets have been purchased to arrive in the Gold Coast (or Brisbane) on Thursday 23 November 2017 and depart after the third day of competition. For most this means a flight out on Sunday 26 November but for some it may mean a flight out on Monday 27 November. For the remaining 16 teams, ground transport cash subsidies will continue to be given at previous levels.
WHAT REGIONAL COORDINATORS SHOULD DO
• Promote these new arrangements amongst their regions and clubs holding qualifying events
• As soon as teams qualify, email the following details to the GNOT National Coordinator, Ray Ellaway: firstname.lastname@example.org
* nominated team captain
* email contact for each player
* ABF numbers
• Advise players to expect an email from Ray Ellaway/ Corporate Traveller asking them to register online for their air tickets or ground transport cash subsidies.
WHAT ALL PLAYERS SHOULD DO
• Once players receive their email from Ray Ellaway/Corporate Traveller, promptly follow the instructions in that email and visit the event registration website to register their personal details, select their flights (44 teams) or register for the ground transport cash subsidy.
• Further details of what to do if you need to change your pre-purchased flight is contained on the registration website. Flight changes may incur some additional costs to the traveller.
PLEASE NOTE: Players from the 44 teams with pre-purchased air tickets should not purchase their own air tickets (or use loyalty points) expecting reimbursement, as the ABF will not be doing this.
GNOT Announcement April, 2017
• General Regulations
Masterpoints are displayed directly from the ABF Masterpoint Centre